We ask that students now enter at the side entrance. Please enter the right driveway and circle around for drop off. A coach will be outside the door to take your child's temperature before she/he enters the gym. Do not pull away until your child has entered the gym. The lobby will be closed.
To limit germs in the building, we PREFER that you just drop off your child, UNLESS LITTLE LEAPER CLASS or TUMBLE BUG class. Should you need to watch your child for any reason, the viewing area will have limited space for viewing. Only one parent per child allowed, mask required, and no siblings.
Once in the gym your child will be directed where to go and stand. The gym has been cleared out of a lot of equipment to allow for maximum space. While the CDC recommends spacing of 6 feet, we have adequate room and have allotted for much more social distancing. Gym A has 3 sections, Students will stay in their designated section for a designated amount of time with only one round of rotations within that section. We will focus on repetitions in one spot. Students will use hand sanitizer between each rotation. If a skill cushion, panel mat etc... is used in a rotation, the student, parent or coach will spray and wipe it down after use. Students will move simultaneously by Coach command to ensure they all move at once and are over 6 feet apart.
Pick up will be just like drop off (like the schools do). Circle around. There will be a coach there to signal to the child when a parent arrives. It is helpful if you can roll down your window. We don't know all the vehicles, and many windows are tinted so it’s hard to see.
Other important info:
· Your child must bring a small bag (like a cinch bag). Pack only essentials! They carry it throughout the gym - Water, hand sanitizer, and flip flops.
· Chalk will be provided if needed for rec classes. Competitive team needs to bring their own chalk.
· Children must have hand sanitizer! We strongly recommend a personal size with a clip to attach outside of their bag. This makes it so much easier and more efficient to move through rotations.
· Wear only Flip Flops (crocks, sneakers, sandals etc. take up space and more time to get on and off. Bring a slider bag to put shoes in, within cinch bag.
· LABEL all BAGS!
· There will be no snack breaks at this time. Please have your child eat a healthy meal or snack prior to practice.
· Masks are required to the fullest extent possible. Children (EXCEPT the Little Leaper or Tumble Bug class) will wear masks entering/exiting the building, walking through the gym to use rest room etc... Children will NOT wear a mask during any physical activity to include but not limited to: stretching, conditioning, skills, tumbling. Coaches will wear masks to the fullest extent possible when spotting. Please be advised for higher level skills, or skills requiring a quick motion from the coach, it is not safely feasible to wear a mask.
· If a parent does NOT want their child to be spotted, they must submit a written letter to their child's coach. Please be advised spotting is required for some skill progressions.
· Children must ask to use the restroom. A coach or parent will wipe down all knobs, faucets and handles with a disinfectant after each use.
· In addition to a regular cleaning schedule before and after each practice, the gym will be disinfected periodically throughout practice by both coaches and students. The parent viewing area will NOT be disinfected during practices.
· We will also use UV light throughout Gym A at the end of each practice.
This is going to be a learning curve for all of us so we may need to accommodate and make changes as we move forward. Safety is our biggest priority! Please explain social distancing and the importance of the rules to your child prior to the first practice. As coaches we will go over them again. We recognize that the rules for some children will be difficult. However, that being said, we have to implement a policy of safety for everyone as well as abide by health department guidelines. Any child not following the guidelines will be given a written warning and if the behavior continues possible suspension.
If any parent would like a tour prior to see how we will social distance, clean, move through the gym etc... please email me ASAP and we can try to do a tour.